Calling All Rebels!
I attract a lot of rebels and I like that! They come in different shapes and sizes and seasons of life, but they have this in common: They have an aversion to conforming. They want nothing to with being part of the herd. I am this way myself. As soon as people starting gushing about something, I become suspicious! I don't like being manipulated by marketing and I find myself avoiding place that try to make me feel "uncool" if I am less than thrilled with their products or services. I do not care if you think I am uncool! Apple can try to convince I need to "Think differently" and use their products to do so, but I would rather " Think for myself". I refuse to be part of a cult following of anything, even Beachbody.
I fought it. I didn't want to join. I would scroll past my friends post without liking or commenting, but I found myself being drawn to the lifestyle. I was suspicious and hesitant and so I got a used copy of the 21 Day Fix and did it ALONE. I told no one. To my dismay, it changed my life! For months after that, I was flat out irritated that I wanted to be a coach. When the desire finally tipped me over the edge, I also had to fight through the fact that I didn't love the way a lot of coaches were running THEIR businesses. They weren't doing anything wrong, it just wasn't what I wanted for me. I had to figure out my own way. I had to start with WHY I wanted to do this and make every decision from THAT place. It has served me well. Beachbody isn't a cult, it's a set of tools, and I can use them anyway I want, which is why this business called out to the rebel in me!
It's much the same with your fitness journey! It actually pays to be a rebel even though it doesn't feel like that at times. I had one challengers email me to sign up and actually said, " Quit making me want to work out with you! I hate working out!" and another one who told me, " There is no way I can stick to the meal plan, I can't have people telling me what to eat." and when I hear things like that I know they will succeed. They are already thinking through what makes them tick and they are forming their why. That draw to this lifestyle is pulling them and they are fighting it. Why will that makes them successful? Because they are fighters and when they realize that they can exist in this lifestyle on their own terms, they will fight JUST as hard for the progress that they desire!
Why does this program speak to the rebel?
1. There are a variety of work outs from dancing to kick boxing to weightlifting to yoga. There is literally something for everyone and with Beachbody on Demand you get access to it all! You can have variety or stick to the same freaking workout every month, whatever makes you excited to be doing it. You can choose a 10 minute workout, a 30 minute workout or work out for hours if that floats your boat! Rebels don't like feeling boxed in and there is complete freedom inside this program.
2. You get to choose your own food. I started with P90x many moons ago and I did great with the workouts but the nutrition plan was my undoing. It was written out for me and contained a lot of foods that I HATE. ( Like sweet potatoes and turkey bacon, no thanks!) I was subbing too many items and I just didn't get great results because of it. The container system changed my life because it gave me lists of approved foods and I was able to design a menu that I LOVED and so I have been able to stick to it..happily...for YEARS! I know, right???!! Now this doesn't mean I don't have unapproved items, I do!! But the MAJORITY of my nutrition is dialed and I LOVE how I feel and the way my body has transformed. I LOVE it, which means I have owned it and I am doing it because I want to. No one is making me eat anything!
3. Our challenge group is not about nutrition and exercise. I know that's a funny thing to say since we do hold each other accountable for those things, but it's true! Our challenge group is about honesty, courage, and growth. We are not there to be perfect, we are not there to have flawless bodies, we are not there to eat brown rice and raw vegetables. We are there to remind each other and ourselves that our worth is not in what the scale reads. We are there to have support as we fail our way to success. We are there to grow, to improve our lives and health, inside and out!
We are calling all rebels because that's who we love to surround ourselves with! We want woman that challenge us, think outside the box, and fight for a life they are excited to live. That is the kind of inspiration that moves us all forward! If that is you, we would LOVE to have you!
Even if you aren't ready to commit at this time, I want you to feel proud of your rebel heart! It means you are thinking for yourself. It means when you DO decide to commit that nothing and no one will get in your way! And as you get started on your health journey, remember this: It's ok to move at your own pace! You don't have to overthrow your entire life to make steps in the right direction. Here are my best rebel tips! ;)
1.Don't fight the biggest battles first. If you love your sugary coffee, or a soda at lunch, leave it for now. Focus on making smaller changes first. Switch from white bread to whole wheat. Swap out packaged snacks for fruit. Drink more water. Trim out excess sugar. Make small healthy changes on things that don't matter to you that much. As the changes become a habit and more comfortable, make more changes. Just keep going!
2. Add exercise three times a week and make it something you love. My husband is skiing twice a week right now, meaning he only has to work out from home 1-2 days a week and that works for him! You can walk, dance, kick box, swim, anything that moves your body and that you enjoy! Don't box yourself into a form of exercise you don't like. For change to become habit, it has to be sustainable! Keep trying new things until you find something you enjoy!
3. Find your person ( or people). We rebels have a competitive streak! If we have someone who is working toward the same or similar goals and they check up on us or we see them posting their food, work out, or progress, it lights a fire! Surround yourself with people succeeding and that will fuel your motivation!
Embrace the rebellion! We are here to define healthy living on OUR terms. We have a reverence for individuality and a passion for helping other women find their own way to freedom! To join us or to get more information connect here:
Leave a Reply.
"And Aubrey was her name. A not so very ordinary girl or name."(Or so says David Gates ;) I'm a wife to Phillip, a mother to Scarlett and Juliet. We live in the beautiful city of Thornton, Co. I'm a recovering red bull addict. I love to read. I hate to cook. I seek to be inspired and also to inspire others. I am a Beachbody Coach on a quest to be truly healthy mind, soul, and body and challenge others to do the same.